When creating a ParentPay account you are required to enter an email address as your username. This is then also used by your school to communicate with you through the messaging system, for system alerts and notifications, and for resetting your password should it be required.
NOTE: We advise that you use a personal email address for your username rather than a work one as these change less frequently (e.g. during a job move).
Below are instructions on how to change the email address used as your username. There are two methods for updating your username:
- Changing your username via the profile settings area
- Changing your username with no access to your account
Changing your username via the profile settings area
- Log in to your ParentPay account.
- Select Profile Settings > Username.
- Select Change username and follow the on-screen guidance.
- Re-enter your password and fill out your new username.
NOTE: This must be a valid email address that you have access to.
- Select Send verification
- An email will be sent to the new email address
- Open the email and click on the link to verify the email address and change the username.
- Log into ParentPay with the new username
Changing your username with no access to your account
You will need to contact your child’s school admin team to request an amendment to your username. This school validation step is required to protect your account from inappropriate use. They will check your status as the parent or carer of a child at their school and then contact us to request the change.
Once completed, we will notify the school that the change has been made and they will contact you to let you know you can now log in with your new username (the password will remain unchanged). You can now reset your password if required using the normal process.
NOTE: You should now take the opportunity to enter your Account recovery details as explained here.
Not found what you need?
For faster support, it is always best to contact your school first. They’ll be able to help with most issues. If you need to report an issue to us, we require that you log in to your account first. This allows us to securely identify you and your school right away. If you can’t log in, you can still log an issue with us though it will take longer to process.
Article is closed for comments.