If you wish to receive push notifications for your School Gateway app, you must ensure that push notifications are manually turned on for this app within your phone settings. Every device will have other settings that can affect push notifications (for example, battery optimisation, which prevents some devices from receiving push notifications when the battery is below a certain percentage).
Please also ensure that you are running on the latest version of the app, which can be confirmed in the Play Store or App Store. If you are still not receiving notifications and have followed the guidance below, you would need to refer to the help guide for your specific device and/or contact your device manufacturer:
1. On your phone, go to settings
2. In here, scroll down to the 'Notification Centre'
3. Select School Gateway
4. In here, ensure that under the heading 'Notification Centre' is switched on
5. Close the screen; you will now receive notifications when new app messages come through
1. On your phone go to Settings > Applications Manager
2. Scroll down the list of apps until you find School Gateway and select it
3. In here there will be a tick box that says 'Show Notifications'. Ensure this is selected
4. Close the screen; you will now receive notifications when new app messages come through
1. Tap the Apps icon on your home screen
2. Tap settings
3. Tap Apps or App Manager
4. Scroll down and tap School Gateway
5. Tap Notifications
6. Confirm 'Block all' is toggled OFF (Samsung / other devices - toggle 'Allow Notifications' ON)
7. Restart your device
1. On your phone got to Settings > Notifications and Status Bar > Notifications Centre
2. Scroll down your list of apps until you find 'School Gateway' and select it
3. Activate 'allow notifications' and also 'priority display'
4. Restart your device
5. You will now receive notifications when new app messages come through